Saturday, October 4, 2014

100 Happy Days...Part 5


Day #41- July 19, 2014
Located in skids of Bountiful, Utah is a dingy hole in the wall burger joint that has successfully made people happy since 1957. If you grew up in Davis county like I did I’m betting you know the exact place that I’m talking about…you can order a burger, a foot long, fries, tots, chicken fingers like many other greeeeezy spoons but the thing that really draws the crowd is the legendary Rainbow or it’s trusty sidekick THE worlds best Popsicle...the ASTRO Bar. Ladies and gentlemen put your hands together for the unforgettable Pace’s Dairy Ann. Last night, under the strange green glow of florescent lights Burke and I visited one of my childhood favorites for a sweet treat. For those who have not sampled it’s magic…the Rainbow is a blend of soft serve ice-cream, the perfect degree of crushed ice and a few careful, and if you are lucky generous, squirts of flavor. They’ve got grape, lime, peach, cherry, and now tigers blood. You can mix flavors and the crew of seasonal high school students will even create a kamikaze should you ask…but I suggest you don’t…keep it simple and order the peach or the lime or the….who am I kidding you can’t really go wrong. Just get one…and the sooner the better. Should you ever find yourself north of Salt Lake City it’s actually kind of a Davis county duty to suggest that you stop in and sample the magic. Long live Pace’s Dairy Ann!
‪#‎100HappyDays

Day #42 - July 20, 2014 

Day #43 - July 21, 2014 

Day #44 - July 22, 2014 


Day#45 – July 23, 2014
I've loved Carol Burnett since childhood and her talents seem endless. I'm glad I live in a world where Mrs. Wiggins sets a high bar for office professionalism. Fashion tips and social cues are taken to extremes to generate a good laugh. And I'd drive through the night to spend the holidays with Mama and Eunice. Some if the best bits occur when they break character through laughter... Here is a little funny for today.
‪#‎100HappyDays

Day #46 - July 24, 2014 

Day #47 - July 25, 2014 

Day #48 and #49 – July 28, 2014
Two glorious days off the grid with Burke enjoying the great out doors...what a gift! I can recall several memorable trips to Jackson Hole during my twenties with a large group of friend and it was during these adventures that I truly fell in love with the great state of Wyoming. Burke had not been in this area since his middle school years and we had terrific two days soaking in amber waves of grain, purple mountains majesty and so much more. I’m convinced that every so often we humans must really commune with nature in order to keep the world in balance. Happy to be back in the West where a few hours in the car, complete a few thought provoking pod casts and play lists, a bag of peanut M&M’s, two iced Nalgene bottles, and endless miles of wide open spaces provide a space for human connection. Nestled in the foothills of a beautiful mountain range in Afton, Wyoming is a collection of humble lodge pole cabins that you can rent for next to nothing. Incredible art hangs in a variety of galleries that surround Jackson Hole town square. The stars…oh, the stars that remind you have left the big city. An added bonus was stopping in to see my brother and his family who were enjoying time at a ranch house in Thayne. First time exploring Grand Teton Nation Park and I may have found a new favorite and a pilgrimage to Jenny Lake will probably be an annual thing for us. And the ride home through Swan Valley, Idaho reminded me how much I simply love color. Two quick days have happily and successfully hit the restore button. We've already begun planing our next road trip adventure.
‪#‎100HappyDays


No comments:

Post a Comment