Sunday, December 2, 2012

Gratitude Day #7 2012

I am grateful for the kindness of strangers. So, Burke and I rarely find ourselves with nothing to do on a Wednesday night and so we decided to go see a movie (I know, on a school night!?!?) with some friends. I came from work and Burke came from home and we had a great time. After the movie (Wreck it Ralph…two thumbs up) we parted ways and hea
ded for our cars. It did not take long for me to realize I had misplaced my keys. Like any good wife, I called my husband for help and consequently he got into a fender bender as he turned around to rescue me.

Within a matter of five minutes we had lost a set of keys and dings someone’s car. AWESOME! Here is where the gratitude kicks in…so grateful that nobody was hurt in the accident…so grateful for the kindness and those driving the other car….and their understanding….so grateful for the kind nameless stranger who found my keys in the movie theater and turned them in (could have easily clicked my alarm, located my car and drove away)….so grateful for the helpful police office and insurance agents who did not make us feel foolish…so grateful for humorous, understanding and helpful friends who helped us see the irony of engaging in a car wreck after watching Wreck it Ralph…so so so grateful.

We drove home about an hour after our first attempt in both cars and surrounded by our great friends. Today I am grateful for the kindness provided by those we know well and those we do not know at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment