Sunday, December 2, 2012

Gratitude Day #6 2012

Like so many others, today I am grateful for the opportunity to vote. Nothing more and nothing less, I am grateful for this freedom and all who have lived, died and fought to protect it. Not exactly thrilled by either of these national campaigns, the endless bickering, punditry, ads, radio spots and predictions but I am grateful about the process, the potentials, the intentions, 
the energy, and the goodness that I still believe is possible for our country. Without question, I am grateful for the opportunity to cast my vote.

Some may find it interesting that in Texas you vote with a paper ballet and a giant scantron machine. When I arrived at the poling station I was greeted by a friendly senior citizen and instructed to select a ballot, enter a booth, review my choices and use the pen that was provided to cast my vote. Imagine my surprise when I discovered the pen was actually a Sharpie PERMERNANT marker. Coincidence? I think not.

Today, I got to do one of my favorite things….with one of my favorite things….an omen of great things to come….only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment