Thursday, December 26, 2013

Day of Gratitude #20 – The Backspace Key

If you know me at all and have ever read anything I have ever written…ever…you will know that I am in constant need of an editor. Both spelling and grammar have been my arch nemesis for as long as I can remember. And yet, I really enjoy the writing process so therefore, the backspace key is pretty much my best friend. I am so grateful for the ability we have with a few tap- tap-taps to erase, re-think, tweak, change, improve and edit. The backspace key is BY FAR the most important key on my keyboard not just because I am seriously spelling challenged…but because I’m really grateful that we have the chance to self-correct. I’ve been thinking about this a lot lately and my gratitude for this concepts seeps a bit deeper than the little plastic buttons on my keyboard…I’m really grateful for the idea of change and personal improvement. There are so many times I wish I had a life size backspace key so I could revisit some previous ideas, comments, beliefs and actions. I don’t think I’m alone with this kind of thinking and I’m incredibly grateful for patience and forgiveness generously given to me by those in my life. I’m grateful for the opportunity we have to apologize when we screw up, seek forgiveness when we offend and try better the next day. I am so far from where I hope to be but I am grateful that both the keyboard and real life provides an opportunity to make things right when needed.


No comments:

Post a Comment