Sunday, December 2, 2012

Gratitude Day #12 2012

Today, I thankful for C.S. Lewis and Zombies. I appreciate and value them equally but for completely different reasons. I am currently listening to C.S. Lewis’ classic The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe and I’ve almost finished World War Z written by Zombie scholar Max Burton. I find both authors profound and prolific and these two books are providing a much needed break from 
the daily grind.

Both texts provide the prefect avenue for mental escapism. Both inspire additional thoughts and speculations. Both detail heroic journeys experienced by ordinary people. Both stories capture an almost unquenchable sense of hunger…one for Turkish Delight (BLECH!) and another Brains (BLECH?). Both books are masterfully coming to life via my IPod (three cheers for audio books) and provide entertainment and companionship in a variety of times and places.

Today, I'm grateful for the power of books and their ability to transport, transform, inspire, remind, provoke, relate, and reward.

No comments:

Post a Comment