Sunday, November 9, 2014

2014 Gratitude Festival Day #6: TED Talks

TED Talks. Do you have a spare18 minutes? Are you in need of a little inspiration? Ever wanted to learn from some of the most interesting, well respected, successful, and engaging thinkers, doers, and action takers of our time? TED Talks so easily make my gratitude list for this year. It's like nerd central. It's like nerd-vanna. Like thousands of people around the world, TED is my nerd happy place and I visit this site weekly.
TED is a conference that is held in various cities and invites real world experts to share their best and brightest ideas....in like an 18 minute presentation. The speakers are as diverse as the topics and I treasure this information source. Pick a topic or search by presenter. Grab your favorite beverage and settle in. Be open to learning something new. I love information. I love learning new things. I love exploring an internet rabbit hole and TED never disappoints.
Today I am grateful for a TED talk that I randomly stumbled on this summer presented by Dr. Brene Brown. Little did I know how my soul needed to not only hear her words but explore and apply her research. After watching these TED Talks my personal study, research and reading list have expanded in a critically important way. Grateful for TED. Grateful for the things Brene has helped me learn and understand. Grateful for my new understand of shame and vulnerability and their connection to real inner peace, self compassion and success. Check it out....you won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment